Saturday, February 1, 2014

Movie Review: "Red Lights" with Sigourney Weaver, Robert De Niro & Cillian Murphy. Save Your Bandwidth.

All three of these stars could not save a very weak story from imploding and falling on its own weight.  Do not bother watching "Red Lights" -- I wish I could have gone back in time and told myself what I'm telling you now.  Cillian Murphy shows he has range as an actor, he's the "Scarecrow" from Batman.  He can play a very sympathetic protagonist, too.  Despite some excellent acting, I found myself trying to figure out how many rewrites this thing went through to limp its way through production and on to distribution.  When De Niro floats in the air on stage and there's a terrible camera shake that's supposed to be an earthquake, I felt sorry for the movie.  I just wanted it to end, for the sake of the actors.... and for me.

Red Lights?  FahGetAboutIt!

No comments:

Post a Comment